What elements must be considered when choosing the metalworking machine
Metal has always been an extremely important material, due to its strength and versatility characteristics. It is consequently used in many companies and processes that have applications and implications in an infinite number of sectors. Having so many uses and destinations – from construction to furniture, from heavy and light industry to the creation of products for everyday life – it is often subjected to many types of processes and finishes.
Each of these processes must be performed with the utmost precision and efficiency; regardless of the sector and type of business that the company conducts, it is always essential to use the right machinery to work metal, both for aesthetic and functional characteristics (where maximum strength is often required). These machines must be configured specifically to perform each different operation at best.
What characteristics must a good metalworking machine have? Let’s see them together.
The different metal workings
There are many metal processing and the type of process to which this material can be subjected, and clearly depend on the type of product to be obtained, as well as on the result sought and on the type of company and business. However, we can say that among the processes, finishes and main treatments to which this material is subjected, there are certainly:
- Satin finishing, an operation performed for aesthetic or functional purposes, and which consists of a surface treatment that homogenizes the metals bringing them, according to the different production needs, to a uniform pre-defined roughness.
- Stippling, which serves to improve the functionality of the material by making the finish and surface roughness uniform.
- Fine polishing, which polishes the metal and reduces its roughness to a very low level, for functional and aesthetic reasons;
- Sanding, which eliminates scratches and impurities on the surface of the material, making it uniform.
- Lapping, an extremely precise finish, which minimizes the roughness and irregularities of a surface (for this reason it is also called “mirror”).
- Super finishing, which eliminates oxidation and signs of opacity to make the surface shiny and shiny.
What machines are used to work metal?
Each type of metal processing (whether it is reserved for raw materials or the finished product) needs specific machines designed to measure for that type of finish; this is the only way to ensure that the processes are carried out safely and efficiently, in line with the expectations of the end customers. In addition to the machines for sanding, polishing and satin finishing, which are probably the most common for working metal, to perform the various operations you need machines designed specifically for these needs, which reach a high level of customization. Like the ones that Volpato creates for its customers.
The advantages of relying on Volpato
Volpato knows very well the metal processing sector and the numerous fields of application of this material. The company also has a long experience in the production and sale of the most suitable machinery for the different types of operations. This is why the company offers a wide range of machinery specifically designed for working metals; they are machines capable of improving performance and productivity and, above all, the final result of the product. In addition to this, in fact, the company deals with producing specific and tailor-made machinery to meet the different needs of customers. In this way it will always be possible to find the ideal machine to work metal in the best way.